The New Language Professional #1
ChatGPT for Improved Writing
Welcome to this first edition of the New Professional Language Newsletter from Synergetics Education.
Synergetics is the science of systems in transformation, and we create hundreds of language masterclasses each year by synergizing language, content, and learning design.
Our clients love language but don’t have time. We take the time to make sure every word, phrase or sentence we teach helps them in their careers as well as to enjoy the beauty and diversity of using language.
Language is always changing. Humans and machines are constantly creating new and adapting existing language alongside the need for people to deal practically with new norms and concepts within each professional environment.
Each month we’ll share some interesting new language and ways working with language in changing times, embeded into “insights” and “stories”.
We’ll focus on what is relevant to professionals on international, diverse teams and use fun, interesting examples to spur thinking and reflection while covering contemporary concepts and offering practical language tips across professions.
Why not use our first newsletter to tackle the ways professionals can use the new language kid on the block, your artificial intelligence “co-pilot.”
Insights: 5 Key Concepts to Maximize Your Use of ChatGPT
To ensure you make the most out of your interactions with ChatGPT, here are five key concepts that will help you maximize your experience and achieve optimal results:
- Effective Prompting: Craft clear and specific prompts to guide ChatGPT’s responses. For example, instead of asking “Tell me about the impact of climate change,” try “What are three major effects of climate change on coastal regions?”
- Iterative Refinement: Break down complex queries and refine prompts gradually to get better responses. For example, if ChatGPT’s initial response is unclear, ask follow-up questions to provide more context and clarify your request.
- System Prompts: Use system prompts to set the behavior and tone of ChatGPT. For example, starting with “You are a knowledgeable expert” can elicit more authoritative responses, while starting with “You are a playful companion” can lead to a more casual conversation.
- Context Management: Provide clear context and refer back to previous messages to maintain coherence. For example, use phrases like “As we discussed earlier” or “In response to your previous message” to remind ChatGPT of relevant information and ensure continuity in the conversation.
- Critical Evaluation: Always critically evaluate ChatGPT’s outputs and fact-check before relying on them. For example, if ChatGPT provides statistics, verify them from reliable sources to ensure accuracy.
Examples: Introduction to Legal Writing with ChatGPT.
If you’re a Synergetics Education client or subscriber, we provide you with relevant insights key to your professional use of language. This month, we highlight ChatGPT and other AI language models with a free training found at the links below. And don’t forget to subscribe!
Click here to read the full ChatGPT article – 9 minutes on LinkedIn
Click here for the Interactive 38 minute Webinar